Thursday, March 4, 2010

Coke vs. Pepsi

For anyone who uses Facebook, you must be familiar with one of several applications which allows you to answer questions about your friends and vis versa. However, one which has been gaining ground, in my news feed anyway, not only requires you to join the application, but to answer questions to receive answers from others, and only after earning points do you find out who said what.. While looking through "answers," about me, I found where someone said I liked Coke better than Pepsi. And I realized, I don't know which I like better. I have familial reasons for liking both. My maternal grandfather loved Coke, collected every scrap of Coca-Cola memorabilia he could find, people gave him Coke stuff for holidays; the collection was large. His daughter, my mother, and his son's wife both have worked or work for Pepsi. My paternal grandmother's favorite snack to give me was a class of ice cold Coke and a stack of Chips Ahoy cookies, a taste that will forever be ingrained into my psyche.

Let's consider the taste, as that may be the most important aspect. Coke is a little bitter, where as Pepsi is pretty smooth. Smoother, anyway. I once drank a 12 pack of Pepsi Twist (you know, Pepsi with Lemon?) all by myself, in about a day in a half when I was twelve. So, which do I like better? I guess Pepsi, but pretty much only because they are responsible for the distribution of Mt. Dew. It's similar to liking Don Henley's solo career just because he was in the Eagles, kind of. For a more, uh, objective approach to which drink is better, check out this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment